Friday, November 2, 2007

What a crazy week!

Wow, what a crazy week it’s been. Surgery went well. I do feel better, but it’ll be a few weeks before I really feel good. Halloween was fun. Jason went as The Grim Reaper (no more cutsie costumes for my almost-7-year-old!) and Sami was a pumpkin. Though, she squeaks like a monkey so that might have been a better costume. Pictures will follow, if I ever get the time to upload my camera!

I started back at work this past Wednesday. It was a difficult adjustment the first day, but by day two, everything was fine. The only thing I didn’t anticipate was that now, wearing pants that button, the button presses right on my belly button which is where one of my incisions is. It hurts while I’m sitting down, and if I happen to lean on a counter or desk or something. Maybe I should wear elastic pants next week.

It should be a fun weekend. The Sea and Sky Spectacular is this weekend at the Jacksonville Beaches (The Blue Angels will be performing) and I think we’re going to that on Saturday afternoon. The fair is also in town. I doubt we’ll get there. That’s too much to fit in one weekend along with chores, Church, soccer x 2, etc. No rest for the weary! At least soccer is almost over for the season. I doubt we’ll sign Jason up for it again. This is his third season, and he’s really not enjoying it any longer. He said he’d like to join Cub Scouts, so we’re going to go that route for a while. It’ll give him a chance to make some more friends. Now we just need to decide on whether to join the troop associated with Jason’s school or the one associated with our Church. Decisions, decisions…

We’re finally seeing some cooler weather! I’m a northern girl, and I miss having four fully defined seasons. I even miss snow, believe it or not. I hate wearing shorts on Christmas! We do get cold in winter, but it usually warms up into the 70s by afternoon every day, so I only get a taste of cold in the mornings and evenings. It’s not enough, but better than nothing.

Wow… Less than 3 weeks till Thanksgiving. Rick wants to have it at our house. I do too really. My mom needs a break after 43 years of having one or usually both holidays at her house. But we have a small house. We may have to limit it to my parents and Rick’s mom. Any more than that and we won’t fit at our kitchen table, even with the leaf in. I’m talking it’s a REALLY small house. So, I’d better get my ass in gear and get it cleaned!!

No comments: